2.22.2010

Then what else matters?

AHHH! It's Monday morning and I do not have any motivation to go and do anything. I do not want to go to school. I do not want to get ready for the day. I do not want to go to work. I just do not want to do anything. Do you ever have those days where you know deep down what you need to do. It isn't hard but you are just dreading doing it? That is where I am right now.


In the April 2007 General Conference Neil L. Anderson gave a talk titled "It's True, Isn't It? Then What Else Matters?" In it he said this-
President Hinckley said it this way: “When [an individual] is motivated by great and powerful convictions of truth, then he disciplines himself, not because of demands made by the Church but because of the knowledge within his heart."

Are we sufficiently motivated by “great and powerful convictions of truth”? Do our choices reflect this motivation? Are we becoming who we want to become? It’s true, isn’t it? Then what else matters?
Ok good quote huh? When I read this quote it really motivates me. I look at my life and evaluate the 'great and powerful convictions of truth' that are motivating me. If those 'powerful convictions' are not the ones that I want then I have to look and see where I'm going wrong. What are those great and powerful convictions of truth? Well I know my testimony of Jesus Christ, my desire to be like him, and my pursuit of having an eternal family are some of the powerful things that help motivate me. Life is too short to waste away wallowing and feeling sorry for yourself. 
I just did a pretty good job of motivating myself into being happy and wanted to get things accomplished! Well Happy Monday! :)

ps- this post is kinda bipolar. ha ha. I'm glad my mood has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment